By using the NBSA site and/or registering a player to participate in NBSA programs, you acknowledge the provisions of this Policy and agree to be bound by this Privacy
You may use our site without disclosing personally identifiable information. We want to
be clear that we will not obtain such information about you unless you choose to submit it to us. If you supply personally identifiable information (such as name, address, date of birth or telephone numbers) it will be used for the purposes described in this Policy.
Information Collection and Use
NBSA collects personal information for the purpose of registering players in its programs, and provides such information to our coordinators, coaches and officers for use in the administration of the leagues. Player names may be posted on our web site as part of a team’s roster, and a player’s parent and/or guardian and their respective contact information is available on the web site by entering a team-specific password provided to team coaches. We provide health information and other personal issues
you provide to us to our coaches so that, in the event of an emergency during a practice or game, the coaches may be able to provide that information to health care providers. (NBSA does not provide any assurance that such information will always be available or timely provided, but endeavors to provide a supplemental means for the health care provider obtaining such information. Each player’s parent or guardian is responsible for supervision of their son or daughter during NBSA events.) NBSA may also
keep a record of any email correspondence sent to our site or to our mail address. We
may distribute such correspondence among members of the NBSA Board of Directors or other appropriate personnel so that we may review and respond to the correspondence.
Removing or Editing Personal Information
You may access and edit the personal information you provide when registering a player on the NBSA site by following these steps:
- · On the NBSA home page, enter your email address and password in the appropriate log-in boxes at the top of the home page.
- · If you cannot recall your password, you may enter only your email address and a password will be sent to that email address.
- · After you log in, you will be taken to the page from which you may select the individual(s) whose information you wish to modify. After clicking on the appropriate individual, you may select the field that needs to be updated and modify the information. Note that you may designate certain information to be available to the public or a more limited group.
- · Make the necessary changes and click the “Submit” button to save your changes.
When making a sponsorship donation through our site we will ask for your name, home/business and email addresses and credit card information. Sponsorship donations may also be made by paper application to the NBSA P.O. Box.
NBSA takes reasonable precaution to protect the information you provide to us, including the use of encryption software to protect credit card information
entered in connection with player fees and sponsorship donations. We do rely upon third-party service providers for hosting our web site and data, and provide certain information to coaches and league coordinators, and cannot be responsible for their actions, though we endeavor to do all we reasonably can to protect your information. We will not provide confidential data to third-parties other than the league hosting site (LeagueAthletics) and merchant (credit card processing) provider without your explicit permission.
NBSA Policy Regarding the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
NBSA, in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"), provides notice to parents of children under 13 that:
- · NBSA will collect personal information about children under 13 years of age in order to enroll them and take actions associated with the assignment of the player to a team or a program;
- · NBSA needs the consent of parents or guardians to collect, use and disclose personally identifiable information about children under 13;
- · NBSA has created a mechanism by which parents and guardians can provide consent;
- · NBSA may not require children under 13 to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity as a condition of participation; and
- · NBSA has created a mechanism by which parents or guardians can, upon verification, review and edit their children's personal information, and refuse to allow any further collection or use of their children's personal information.
NBSA does not knowingly permit the registration of children under the age of 13 without the verifiable consent of their parents or guardians. We believe that the payment of the registration fee for the player demonstrates the consent of the parent or guardian to collect and disseminate the personal information in the manner, and for the purposes, described in this Policy.
Currently, NBSA has determined a credit card authorization in connection with a player registration to be the most efficient and effective way for us to verify that a parent or guardian has consented to the collection of information by NBSA. In the future, NBSA may use different mechanisms for verifying age and/or consent.
On occasion, NBSA will post pictures from our programs to the NBSA website. Children’s names will not be posted with pictures. If you object to the posting of a picture on the site, please contact the privacy coordinator (see below) or information manager (see contact information under Board of Directors link on the left hand side of the home page).
If you have any questions about this Notice or about the collection or maintenance of your child's personal information, please contact us at the addresses set forth below.
Please review the other provisions of this Policy for information concerning data collection practices applicable to families and players in our leagues, including children
under 13 years of age.
Third Party Sites
Please note that the NBSA site contains links to other web sites and may allow other parties' names and links to their sites to appear on the NBSA site. Web sites operated by third parties that are linked to the NBSA site are not endorsed in any manner by NBSA and you should note that such sites may have privacy policies which differ from that of NBSA.
Questions regarding this Policy should be directed to:
NBSA Privacy Coordinator
P.O. Box 472
Northborough, MA 01532
NBSA may update this policy from time to time so please check back
Periodically. NBSA will provide advance notice of any changes to the extent, and in the manner, required by applicable law.
Last updated January 6, 2014